We recently received a report from Mark Dougherty on his exploration in Hamnsmølnelva and Vallerdalgrotta. Hamnsmølnelva requires some dry caving, and they have been diving in two small sumps. It is too tight/difficult to proceed, so the exploration in Hamnsmølnelva is considered to be finished since 2008. During 2010 and 2011 Mark and othes have been exploring Vallerdalgrotta in Røyrvik. Read on for the whole report and survey maps.
“Plurauka”(Pluraweek) is the new name for the week 33 gathering. NGDF will host the gathering as usual, the official dates will be from friday week 32 to friday week 33(August 10th-17th). Stay tuned for more details :)
NGDF would like to thank everyone who came to the general assembly and lectures last weekend, it was a success! For those who could not come, here is a summary of the general assembly. The complete transcript can be downloaded here(in Norwegian): Transcript general Assembly 2012
- Changes in the board
- New Chairman: Morten Dyrstad
- Øyvind Hegle continues as Deputy Chairman
- New members: Gjermund Semmen, Robert Staven and Tom Kristian Ruud Valrygg
- Dmitri Gorski and Robert Størdal have left the board
- Membership will continue to be 300nok
- “Plurauka” (“Pluraweek”)
- The “UKE 33” (“WEEK 33”) gathering will from now on be known as the “Plurauka” (“Pluraweek”)
- Official dates are from friday week 32 to friday week 33(August 10th-17th)
- The board will look at the possibility to get a permanent compressor at Plura, and shall propose a budget at the general assembly next year
- The board will purchase basic equipment for rescue
- The role of NGDF and registered exploration projects
- In short no big changes, but everyone agreed to strive for better communication
- NGDF will not be “cave police”, but will produce simple guidelines for ethical and safe diving
- The board will make it possible to present ongoing projects better on the website
- Projectowners must define what is regarded as exploration in the registered systems
- If third parties wish to committ exploration in registered systems they have to contact the owner of the registered project
NGDF will hold a gathering about cavediving in Oslo May 5th. We will be combining a general assembly, lectures and dinner.
We will star off in the morning with our general assembly. The agenda is not yet complete, but a discussion on the role of NGDF will be sentral. There is an ongoing debate on specifying more rules or reccomendations for our members. The board has not wanted to make a conclusion without the support of our members in. The aim is to have a poll on one or more issues during the meeting.
We can mention that Michael Waldbrenner from the EKPP(European Karst Plain Project) will be holding a lecture on how our experiences in cavediving affect our lives an cereers in general. Mattias Tancred will be telling us about diving in the Långban mine near Karlstad, Sweden. We also hope to have presentations of ongoing projects in Norway.
After the lectures there will be a dinnerparty to socialize with other cavedivers.
Planning is still in an early phase, more information will come.
Planleggingen er i en tidlig fase, mer informasjon kommer etter hvert.
NGDF and Draugen FMK (diveclub) are announcing a gathering in Trondheim November 19th 2011. The program starts with lectures from 11:00AM. The location will be at the premises of Sintef at Lerkendal, street address “S P Andersens vei 5”. The program is not yet finished, but speakers include Ronny Arnesen, a pioneer of Norwegian cavediving.
After the lectures there will be a dinner and social gathering at the premises of Draugen FMK. Address: “Ormen Langes vei 24” The bar will be open from 17:30, and dinner will be served at 19:00. There will likely be thai-food on the menu this year.
The prices are currently estimated at 50NOK for the lectures, and 300NOK for dinner.
To sign up, contact Robert by e-mail ( robert “at” staven.no ), or phone (920 52 923)
From the premises of Draugen FMK: